WCSC News Team
As part of our communications theme we offer our students the opportunity to be a part of our school news team that broadcasts live each morning at 7:40am from the media center. The news team is open to all 4th and 5th graders. Students participating in this program experience hands-on learning about the broadcast journalism field including:
- operating a camera and other equipment
- careers in broadcasting
- public speaking skills (pacing, diction, articulation)
- production of a 1 minute PSA and a 5 minute news story video
There is a new news team each quarter. All 4th and 5th grade students are welcome to apply! Students will complete a written application. Those selected from the applications will have an interview and on camera reading. To be eligible for the news team a student must:
- have and maintain good grades
- have and maintain good behavior
- turn in a completed application with parent signature and teacher recommendation
- have consistent attendance (news teams members must arrive to school by 7:20)
News Show Application 2014-2015.docx
Congratulations to the newest members of our 4th quarter WCSC news team!
Here's our 3rd quarter news team.
Take a look at our great looking 2nd quarter news team.
Check out our first quarter 2014-2015 team have a good time working together.
Rob Fowler came for a visit during the first quarter 2013-2014 and gave us a live weather report from out WCSC studio!
Octavia Mitchell came to film our second quarter team for her "Cool School" story on Chicora! 2013-2014