Media Center Policies
The media center follows our school-wide PBIS behavior system. All students are expected to follow our expectations and be S.M.A.R.T. Eagles! These are the expectations for students when they are in the library:
- Enter and exit the library in line at voice level 0.
- Come in ready to learn.
- Actively participate in class; talking and listening at the appropriate times.
- Respect each other, the teacher and the property in the library.
- Take good care of their library books; return all books on time and in good condition.
We welcome both students and parents to checkout books from the Chicora library. Students will have time each week to checkout books. Students in grades K-2 will checkout one library book at a time. Students in grades 3-5 will checkout 2 library books at a time. There are no overdue fines. If books are lost they must be paid for. Students must return overdue items and pay for lost items before checking out new books. Please talk to your child about the importance of taking good care of our books. We want all of our students at Chicora to have access to quality reading material.
Classroom Management Policy
1. Verbal praise
2. Blue Eagle
3. Positive note home
4. Extra book checkout
1. Verbal warning
2. Time out in the cool down corner
3. Time out and suspended book checkout
4. Minor referral